Levantine Arabic for Non-Natives : A Proficiency-Oriented Approach
This textbook is for beginning students of Arabic who are seeking to develop communicative oral skills in colloquial Levantine Arabic , the dialect used in Jerusalem and in contemporary Syria , Lebanon , Jordan , and Palestine/Israel . It is the first textbook for colloquial Arabic developed according to the principles of the proficiency movement in foreign language teaching , in which the emphasis is placed on the use of meaningful drills , activities that are appropiate to the context in which the language will be spoken , and a balance between linguistic accuracy , and active use of the language . The first half of the teacher’s manual is devoted to a series of “functions” that focus on specific spoken activities , such as greetings , identifying objects , or asking for information . Each function is accompanied by explication , classroom activities , and sugestions for other activities both in and out of the classroom . The second part provides a series of ten situations in which passages in the colloquial dialect , mostly in the form of narratives , are intended to take the students beyond the level of basic communications to a more descriptive and narrative mode . The text is accompanied by charts and glossaries . A set of audio tapes is keyed to the individual functions and situations . The second part of the teacher’s manual is available as a separate book for student use . Levantine Arabic may be used as the ‘Primary text’ for a course designed exclusively to teach colloquial Arabic , or in conjunction with beginning and intermediate courses in Modern Standard Arabic .
I would love to see some nice person post the audio tapes accompanying this …. if not , I will try to do this myself gradually . Once again , thanks to the original uploader .
lessons are developed for independent learners to provide them with the learning/teaching tools for improving their foreign language skills. Reading and listening lessons are based on authentic materials (articles, TV reports, radio broadcasts, etc.) and consist of 4 to 6 activities. In-depth Feedback accompanies all motivating tasks, providing learners with thorough explanations and tutoring just like an attentive and experienced teacher would do.
Author: Defense Language Publisher: Defense Language Pages: 29 files Format / Quality: pdf+ audio Size: 16MB Skydrive
Learn How to Speak Arabic Without a Teacher (Audio CD Only)
There is no doubt that learning languages has gained the priority between sciences all over the world; it is where you can develop your self on all levels either scientifically or physically. Inside This Package: – Language Basics – Sentences & Paragraphs – Grammar & Vocabulary – Different Conversation Without A Teacher, from the Easy Learning CD Book Series: – The fastest way for learning Arabic. – Learn the Arabic language from its original sources. – The best way to learn a language. – The best educational teaching techniques. – A clear articulated voice directly from the native speakers.
Learn Arabic – Gengo WordPower Audio Course for Mac
This Mac Learn Application software is compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and later.
Please check your current operating system before purchasing.
Rapidly Master More than 1000 of the Most Frequently Used Words and Phrases!
See the words, hear a native pronounce them, record your own voice and compare it to the native speaker.
Will this application alone allow you to speak like a United Nations diplomat? Probably not. Will it empower you to function in everyday situations, understand the language spoken around you, and help you rapidly learn the language? Absolutely “YES!”
What makes WordPower so effective? It’s Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
How does it work?
1. Select one of up to 75 categories on the most common topics in the Arabic language.
2. Memorize each word as you see it in its native alphabet (Romanization where applicable) and Arabic translation
3. Listen and learn to properly pronounce each word as you listen again-and-again to a recording of a native Arabic speaker
4. Record and play back your voice to compare your pronunciation to the native speaker’s
5. Save words and their small audio file to your personal word bank to study at a later time
6. Memorize all words in the category and quiz yourself with fun and easy to use flashcards
This application will give to the power to:
– Master the pronunciation of any word
– Significantly improve reading fluency as you see the written form of each word
– Improve listening comprehension by listening to the pronunciation of each word again-and-again
– Master difficult words as you store and easily access them from your own personalized Word Bank
– Challenge yourself with a flashcards to boost retention
With WordPower, you get all of these benefits, plus it’s easy to use. Fast, effective, and fun.
– Over 1000 Words: The most essential words all in one place
– Word Review by Category: Words are grouped by category
– Listening Practice: Hear each word’s proper pronunciation by a native speaker
– Perfect your Pronunciation: Record and play back your voice to compare your pronunciation to the native speaker’s
– Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
– Flashcards: Test your knowledge with easy to use audio flashcards!
– Word Bank Flashcards: Instantly review Word Bank entries in Flash Card form
– Custom Flashcard Settings: Easily adjust the text size, card order, and question type to meet your study needs
– Advanced Search Function – Search entire database in Arabic or English
– Volume control – Easily adjust volume with slide control
– Audio flashcards with adjustable settings!
– Beautiful images help you remember important vocabulary words
– Sample Sentences / Phrases with Audio (where available)
– Part-of-Speech (where available)
Publisher: Innovative Language Date: 2010-2012 Format: .DMG (works on mac ) Size: 226.32MB