Arabic For Dummies ( audio book )
Arabic For Dummies presents the language in the classic, laid-back For Dummies style. Taking a relaxed approach to this difficult language, it’s packed with practice dialogues and communication tips that will have you talking the talk in no time. You’ll get the scoop on:
* The Arabic alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar, and the rules of transliteration
* The history of the language and information on classical Arabic and its dialects
* How to make small talk and make yourself understood when dining, shopping, or traveling around town
* How to communicate on the phone and in business conversations
* Handy words and phrases for dealing with money, directions, hotels, transportation, and emergencies
* Arabic culture and etiquette, including ten things you should never do in Arabic countries The book also includes an Arabic-English dictionary, verb tables, and an audio CD with dialogues from the book to help you perfect your pronunciation. Written by a native Arabic speaker who helped start a year-round Arabic department at Middlebury College, Arabic For Dummies is just what you need to start making yourself understood in Arabic.